I have written about Accommodations Certificates that are issued by Interval International on multiple occasions. You can review them here and here.
As a quick reminder, these are "free" weeks offered by Interval International where they will only charge you the exchange fee. It used to cost $274 per week for these certificates but it appears that they just increased the price to $289 per week.
At $289 per week, it can be a fantastic deal as there have been multiple size units from studios to 2 bedrooms with even the occasional three bedroom sighting.
While most of the weeks or properties may be low season or low demand destinations, every now and again a killer deal comes up for a fantastic time and destination. The key is to look frequently - like every day, multiple times per day, frequently.
In the past, I offered some of these accommodations certificates to my readers with the sole requirement that they cover the exchange fee. While there were some interest, the certificates did not get taken.
I had three certificates in my account in the past and I just reviewed my account and I now have 5 certificates.
The first three are valid until the end of July, one is valid through December 16, 2018 and one is valid through February 3, 2019.
I have not done any extensive researching but I did see some great skis weeks available in Breckenridge, Colorado at the Grand Lodge at Peak 7 during the beginning / mid December.
In any event, you should definitely check your account and see if you have been targeted for any of these additional accommodations certificates. While sometimes hard to use, for the right person and right week, these can be unbelievable deals.
As I did in the past, I will offer any of these accommodations certificates to my readers. Since I generally plan so far in advance, it is generally very hard for me to use these semi-last minute weeks.
As posted previously, here are the rules:
Here is how it will work.
1. Review the chart below of available locations and the available time period. The availability will generally be August - February.
2. Post in the comment section your desired location and your desired week.
3. I will monitor these comments and try to search for the requested destinations and resorts and post availability.
4. If I find something, I will reply to your comment and you should get notified.
5. You will then need to email me at email@example.com.
6. I will request readers cover the exchange fee of $289 but I will provide the guest certificate (I get free guest certificates for being an Interval Platinum Member).
Here are some of the currently available destinations:
I sure hope that someone can use these or will find some certificates in their account. Availability and destinations change by the second so please be aware that inventory may not be available by the time that we are ready to book.
Have you scored any fantastic weeks with an accommodations certificate? Make sure to leave a comment below.